The mothership. The cause. The guiding light. AAF Seattle is but one part of a huge organization that exists to further the cause of advertising as a profession.
Districts, Regions, and National - Oh My
AAF Seattle is in AAF District 11, made up of clubs in Washington, Alaska, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. The Western Region is districts 10-15, in the western US. And there are three regions that make up AAF National. That’s a lot of people who serve and care about this industry.
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. We accomplish this through a unique, nationally coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs and college chapters.
Here's what the AAF does:
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.
AAF initiatives include the following:
- ADMERICA! (AAF National Conference)
- Advertising Hall of Fame
- Advertising Hall of Achievement
- American Advertising Awards
- Government Affairs Conference
- Mosaic Awards
- Mosaic Career Fairs
- Most Promising Minority Students Program
- Mosaic Principles & Practical Guidelines
- National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC)
- Thought Leadership Forum