Seriously, why do we find it so difficult? The fine folks over at SVC contemplated this very same topic. And wouldn't you know it, they decided to create a class around it. It's called Negotiation Skills for People Who Don't Like to Negotiate. It's a one-day workshop this Thursday, June 25 from 10 am-5 pm.
Here's the great/scary part: you can test out your negotiation skills before you even take the class. The fee for this workshop is negotiable. Yep, you can negotiate a lower fee via a five-minute Skype chat with the instructor.
So who is the instructor? He's Ted Leonhardt and he founded The Leonhardt Group. His firm grew to 50 employees and $10 million in annual fees under his leadership. Elements of the workshop include:
- What is it about people in creative fields that makes them less effective negotiators?
- Why people who work for clients in large corporations automatically value different things than you do?
- Is being too passionate about your creative work costing you?
- The importance of role-playing a negotiation before you get in the middle of one.
- Seven tips for making your negotiations more effective.
- How to assess your latest negotiation and learn from it.
You can learn more about the class and register here.